Quotes by Thor Odinson (Earth-616)
Stark! The forces of Sveltheimfjurg have risen from the forges of Friggenjorm and shall lay waste to Yggdrasil unless we seal the Tomb of Thrafgathrak!
- Young maiden of Midgard, thy language leaves something to be desired.
- Fear not, Lionel Dibbs. They shall not take thee in hand. Not whilst enchanted Mjolnir doth lie once more within my reach -- nor whilst Thor be still the God of Thunder -- master of storm and tempest -- monarch unchallenged of the winds that whirl -- AND LORD OF THE LIVING LIGHTNING!
- Thor. Very nice guy. Wears a 56 long. It's snug on him, but that's how he likes it. Reads gardening magazines. And Modern Bride.
- This is the price you pay, mortal. If you would live as lightning... you must answer to the God of Thunder! BEGONE!
- One sibling this annoying is misfortune! What warlock has cursed me with two?
- You would die for our sister... tell me what I would not hear. Tell me of this Surtur curse.
- Do me a favor, though, sister. Always remember... no matter the form he takes... never trust Loki.
- Waves are but water. Wind but air. And though lightning be fire... yet it must answer thunder's call.
- You are already unique. And will ever be so. Another may resemble you, but he can never be you.
- There are more signs of life in the Caverns of Gundershelm. 'Twould appear to be a wasted effort.
- Leave off, Amazon. I have the answer. They are all touched by power -- their master's, no doubt. Mighty Mjolnir can sense that power -- and follow it!
- My father is stern, Superman, but not stupid. A very few worthies have been allowed to overcome the spell, in desperate hours. But know this. Perhaps it was but briefly...but it was in good hands.
- The Wasp made mention of The Infinites in her report on the Destiny War. They were said to be a menace in our futures.
- Strong the servitors may be, but none are a match for the Son of Odin!
- I fear we are in the bowels of Hel, my friends. I fear we have died. And this is the punishment for all our sins and the sins of our fathers.
- We'll never be beaten! For we are... The Avengers!
- AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!!
- I call upon the powers that be mine -- to create the thunder! Aye, and the lightning! Most especially the lightning! Let the elements clash and sway, spearing the protesting sky -- AND STRIKE!!
- You have the temerity to summon us because some ants in an ant-hill are in need of assistance? I know not whether to feel wrath... or amusement!
- Fear not, woman: Thor doth look upon thee solely as an ally -- albeit a comely one!
- And here, Immortus, standeth the Norse God of Thunder -- who doth detest firesarms!
- Now, 'neath the open skies -- thou and I, hand to hand -- shall settle thy fate, once and for all!
- Thy words are certain, yet thy tone is not, giant! Mayhap thou art learning -- that my words are no "trick!" The other Avengers aremortal, as thou sayest -- but I am far, far more!
- So be it! They shall find the Avengers resolute as ever -- mighty as ever!
- No one may know that more fully than I, Janet -- but while thou wert ill, I did confront, for the first time, an obvious fact. As the Son of Odin, I, alone, am near as powerful as ye others combined. Though that hath been a great boon to the Avengers on diverse occasions, it hath rendered me, in the english term, "a big fish in a small pond." I have remained with ye more from vanity than from need. Ye have prospered without me on other occasions. Mayhap, in my heart of hearts, I did not appreciate that. I am ever yours, if the need for me be true -- but 'til then---! Iron Man, wilt thou remain?
- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Death to Ultron! Verily, this night we shall avenge our slain comrades, or taste death's bitter cup ourselves!
- Thou hast dared much, villain -- and, verily, thine hour of judgement hath come!
- Your power only affects humans! But I am the God of Thunder!
- Seethe, ye clouds! Crash, thunder! Flash ye spears of lightning! Rise and smite whoever wouldst dare usurp Thor's power!
- Odds blood! her face! What is the meaning of this? Did... he strike thee, woman?
- Truly, your power is fearsome, demon! It's no wonder mortals wither before it! But what matters this bitter cold flame of yours to one who has trod the icy wastes of Niffelheim, and endured the horror of the nether realms?
- I am the God of Thunder, Captain America... not subtlety!
- I now call down the living lightning that be mine to command -- the roaring gale -- the full, unfettered fury of the storm!
- We shall need every bit of aid we can muster! Mere mortals would be helpless before the Sons of Muspell... but there be nothing "mere" about you mortal Avengers! If e'er your power was needed, it is needed now! Let the call go forth throughout the land! Let the Avengers assemble!
- Why do you sound surprised? Was that not my intention?
- If the Lava Men dare attack the surface, they must have a weapon more deadly than we suspect!! I must now learn what that weapon is!!
- Then, may thy first error, evil one... be also thy LAST!!
- Nay, Black Panther! Each man must follow his conscience -- and tread where it would lead him -- though the way be long and hard, and a thousand thousand demons bar his path!
- O father Odin -- Lord of that which was -- of that which yet shall be -- let the elements reveal thy boundless power! Let the heavens themselves speak out against yon CARNAGE AND DESTRUCTION!
- List, ye heralds of hatred and holocaust. We four be but the meekest harbingers of those who follow. Turn back thine armada -- or face the wrath of an Earth aroused! We have spoken!
- So be it! This day - this hour - the Avengers shall invade the hallowed halls of -- Olympus!!
- Ultron. We would have words with thee.
- You are a brave and fearsome warrior, and together we are sure to face many foes on many adventures... standing side-by-side in great battles, and the celebrations that will follow. But this is a giant. And I was born to fell giants.
- Out there are gods and men and all creatures in between. They were born and all will die, but each one... with a purpose. Surely I tell you that the universe has conspired to put the world in our very hands. It is a test for titans... and only we can save it. Your entire life has led to this day. You were born for this. As was I. Will you join me in teach the oldest lesson of all?
- Aye. It is an end. But to die... striking down the great destroyer? That would be a fitting one. And if you pray. Pray that I am not found wanting. And instead am worthy of such a glorious end.
- I have just participated in the slaughter of sentien creatures. No masster how destructive and dealy were they... that is a line I am never eager to cross.
- Do thy worst against Thor, child -- but I doubt thy magicks will be effective against an Asgardian whose lifespan is far greater than can be imagine! IRON MAN! SMITE HER!
- We may be... but flesh... and blood... subject to... the vagaries of time... but Mjolnir... is eternal!
- Thor, God of Thunder... says... as the stars are my witness... it must be us. We... need this. Now more than ever. We three need one another. We cannot run from that, my brothers. We must embrace it.
- Ah... might either of you know where to find the nearts lavatory? Or perhaps the quickest way to access the sea?
- If we fail, whole worlds will perish, beginning with our own. Stand fast, my friends...today is as good a day as any to die.
- This mead will do the job and wash out the filthy taste of the bar wench's "tall boys."
- To strike for the right, with one's blood roaring and one's prowess the measure for survival -- as we two have so often done with the Avengers -- why 'tis then that a man be most fully alive! 'Tis then that true nobility will out!
- What witchery is here afoot? Verily, thou couldst be my mirror image! But since I am I - and thou a knave-- then, let there be a reckoning!
- You attempt to enfog the mind of a god? Thine attempts are laughable. Also, thine attempts succeed. Tonight, I and my partner shall undertake the dreaded quickstep in a routine choreographed by Sonya Tayeh.
- Doc, I'm going to need your professional opinion. Have I had too much mead today or do I see Deadpool walking through our front yard?
- Doctor Doom. Art thou ready for a hindquarter hammering?
- The enchanted hammer of Thor can create a vortex that will carry us whither its master commands, to another city or another star! Reed Richards hath said that we must journey to the great anomaly he detected in the heavens. SO BE IT!
- Morgan LeFey bedazzled my senses and entranced my mind! Now shall she face the unfettered fury of a god enraged!
- Blood of my blood -- tonight is a fine night to die!
- Yon dragon doth remind me of the Midgard Serpent... and verily... this beast may possess even more fury, if not true evil.
- Red. Thor shall smash Hulk!
- Well. I'm afraid I'm not in a position to disappoint him. To halt this invasion, you must lose this fight. Don't worry, I won't hurt you... but let's make this look good, all right?
- Ofttimes have I pitted my strength in battle against the green-skinned goliath... with no clear-cut decision as to which of us be the mightier! Perhaps this day, if battle be joined, a true victor will emerge!
- The beings of one such realm -- regarded as gods in one era of Earth's mythology -- would now honor thee! On the glorious Rainbow Bridge they stand assembled -- every one a name out of legend! You have fought against some, beside others, yet to a body they do honor you as a warrior amongst warriors!
- So many such as he have I battled... Frost Giants, monsters of all manner once trembled before my might. And now look at me! Helpless! Pitiable! Once The Hulk would have been a true challenge to my warrior mettle. Once, a mere strike of my hammer would -- BRAKOOM -- It would appear, good Hercules... that even a god my believe in miracles.
- Stupid Stone Man. Thor remembers you. You tried to kill Thor when Thor first returned to mudball Earth!
- Don't you understand? I'm going to kill you, Hulk! You have to stop talking -- and FIGHT!
- I've butchered more Giants and Trolls and wicked gods than you could ever imagine. I might mourn your death for a thousand years. But if you insist on doing all you threaten... I WILL KILL YOU.
- BY ASGARD!!! From my grasp, The villain doth seize mine uru hammer! IMPOSSIBLE!
- Break them warlord... Strike like lightning on the darkest night, scorch the heavens... rain fire down on them.
- And what if I am not just a man?
- Stand ye back, villains! Thor hath come to slay the eastern tyrant -- and none shall say him nay! He who tries shall taste the might of mystic Mjolnir -- and perish in the tasting!
- Tony Stark of Midgard, King of Warrior-Builders. We say thee aye. Go forth and build us a city of dreams. And may we both be as fearless and resilient as the day is long.
- I dare challenge thee, Varlet -- for 'tis the duty of the Son of Odin to be victor over those who wouldst wreak destruction on this planet -- even if ye be his CLOSEST FRIEND! THUS SWEARS THOR!
- Thor... defeated by Hercules...??? NEVER!!!
- MORTALS! How like chattering monkeys you are!! Always gathering about those who want to be alone! Well, Thor has had enough of you! I have lost interest in your petty, puny lives!
- The time for words is past! My power shall now speak for me!
- Wherever you are, Loki -- in whatever part of the known universe -- look to your defenses!! For nothing can save you now -- from the vengeance of THOR!!
- Never have I faced such evil incarnate! Never have I been so anxious to strike out at it, drive it from the face of the Earth! Attack me at will -- I'll crush you both!
- You think your strength impresses me?? You are but The Hulk... yet I... I am Thor... of ASGARD!!
- Loki will have had all this time to prepare for our Trial -- and yet, I must not waver! Whatever my fate, I shall face it -- like a God!
- Despite my every effort -- he beat me! Loki, with his sinister stones -- his cunning -- his deceit -- Loki has won!
- Forgive me, my father -- this is the only way! Know you, now and forever, that I am Thor, son of Odin, God of Thunder!! 'Tis an immortal of Asgard whom you love, Jane Foster -- and who truly loves you as well!
- The legend has come true! By the will of the gods, I am alive! I am invincible! I am -- THOR!!!
- If they think they can escape... then they haven't reckoned with the Enchanted Hammer of Thor!
- There! I've done my share of wrecking! Now, Loki, see what you can do to make mankind tremble!
- My heart is torn with love, my father! I crave permission to marry a mortal girl -- the nurse of Doctor Blake -- the one known as Jane Foster!
- A brave lad, that Spider-Man. Those who speak ill of him do truly lie -- for 'een Thor doth envy him his courage -- and doth pray his own doth ne'er fail!
- Spider-Man, methinks thy knack for the arts of war doth rival that of my comrade Volstagg.
- Verily, devourer, though my body be broken and torn, my fighting heart spurns every thought of defeat! By freeing my soul you have handed me the means to victory -- for my spirit will never yield to one such as thee!
- Perhaps you're right. Perhaps this is a mistake. But if it's not...if my one life can prevent the untold deaths that will result from their war -- then I have to do it.
- Nothing good can come of that seed being here, Sif. Nothing.
- I've already killed the Eater of Gods today. Do I look afraid of you?!?
- Good, good. Think hard. I shall be out there, fighting and dying.
- I am eager to go gift the great Galactus such pain he'll curse the day he ever heard the word Asgard. FOR ASGARD!!!
- Silence. You want to die on Mars? I have no problem killing you on Mars...
- Father, there are times I hate you with the passion of ten thousands suns. But I will escort to Hel personally anything that torments you more than I.
- What is there to explain, Senator Foster? Or should I call you... The Mighty Thor?
- Bring me all the mead you can carry. And your fairest maiden.
- "The world needs a Thor." Aye. And you have been one hel of a Thor, my lady. Frost Giants, The Destroyer, the gods of the Shi'ar, the Phoenix, my bastard back-stabbing brother, my uru-headed father... you have faced them all. Now face this. For the world needs more than just a Thor. It needs you, Jane Foster. All of you.
- For I am the Stormbringer! The Master of Thunders! I am Harrower of Hel and my late father's son! I am all that you have forgotten -- unworthy one!
- If this is our fate, so be it. But if I am to die, let it be with lightning and thunder... and the power of Thorr.
- Sam, you earned the right to drink with Asgard's finest... when thou art old enough to lift a stein.
- Tis a vessel to hold him we need? Then use mine -- my flesh and blood! The sinew of the Thunder God shall surely contain such a wicked storm -- and once it does -- you must show me no mercy!' Only by felling me can you fell Onslaught!
- The foundation, the very structure of the cosmos... is a lie. And I... I have a sister.
- Are there any in your Heven who have see a storm? You know wealth, Queen of Angels. You know power. But I fear you know little of thunder. And now... you have made the master of storms your prisoner. And I have called my great servant to me, while you played your games. And though it took time for it to cross the span of realms and meet you... THE STORM IS HERE.
- I know your madness. Your life is battle, and nothing more. This world is your battlefield, and nothing else. The blood roars in your ears and the song of it plays in your heart. What began in pain and rage is now lost in that sound. You fight because you do not know how to not fight.
- The Phoenix is on a path towards Earth. Our homes. Our families. Our futures. It falls on us to stop it. To stand against this unstoppable force. I cannot say if we will live beyond this foe. I know only one thing with certainty...The Avengers will assemble and we will try.
- They tell me only they can save Jane Foster from the purgatory where she now resides. Only they can restore this realm's connection to Asgard. I sense the lie in this -- but -- he wielded Mjolnir. He was proven worthy, even when I am... not. I -- I don't understand, father. Help mne -- because what they ask me to do now -- is something terrible.
- No more. Do you hear me, Rogers? No more compact. No more compromise. NO MORE!
- Whoever thou art. Stand down! Or face the wrath of the Mighty Avengers!
- I've seen war in the heavens. I've seen gods suffer and bleed. I've seen immortal fathers subject their own sons to torments you could never imagine. I've seen Hel itself. But no... I've never seen anything like the horror in this god's eyes.
- We ride until Malekith is dead. Or we are.
- This is the first time since they met that our League hasn't been squabbling and threatening to kill one another. Now perhaps once they sober up, they'll go back to the way they were. Or maybe, just maybe... there'd be far fewer wars if we'd all just learn to drink with one another now and then.
- By the power vested in me by the throne of Asgard, I, Thor, God of Thunder... condemn thee to die.
- Hear me, man of Roxxon, and mark well the words of Thor. Anyone who threatens Midgard... shall come to know this hammer in ways they shall find most uncomfortable.
- If it will end these good people's suffering, then aye... Thor will beg this day. The safety of Broxton and its citizens means more to me than my price ever could. Just tell me, great lord or Roxxon... how much begging will it take to make you feel like a man?
- Aye, Asgard will always be my home. But as my mother has taught me... sometimes we must let go of the things we love. Come, Agent Solomon. Mead is calling.
- We shall drink this day in victory, or in Valhalla. Either way, I swear to you on the eye of my father... the God of Thunder will raise the first glass.
- God Butcher! Can you hear me?! How many more of your dogs must I dismember before you come out and face me, you coward?! You want to kill gods?! Well here stands the God of Thunder! Come kill me, you worm! Come kill Thor if you dare! GOD BUTCHER!
- This cannot be right. Perhaps this is one of those alternate futures that the X-Men are always going on about. Surely I do not grow up to become... my father.
- Nay. The time for words has past. Now we let the Hammers talk.
- Who am I? I am the voice of the rain and the will of the wind! I am called Thunder-Bringer! Lightning-Skald! I am the crown prince of the Aesir and son of Odin the All-Father! I AM THOR!
- Your face... there is nothing wrong with it. Nothing.
- I am young, but I grow older! Age will bring wisdom with it! In this, at least, I need have no doubt -- for when all is said and done -- I am the Son of Odin! THE GOD OF THUNDER! THOR, THE MIGHTY!
- Who dares summon the Lord of Lightning? Who hath need of the noble Son of Odin? The Mighty Thor, God of Thunder!
- Perhaps -- 'tis best to end this way! Without my power -- I am useless! Now that my limbs have failed me -- nothing remains -- save death!
- For one brief fleeting instant of eternity, a God hath dared to love a mortal! Till the universe crumbles, my heart is ever thine!
- I saw thee nay, Emperor of Evil! One there is who shall fight for the Prince of Power! Let thy warriors gather! Let thy own awesome forces be assembled! Against them all, I shall prevail!
- Every part of this planet upon which we stand is verily a part of Ego!' He is everywhere -- he is everything! He is a living world!
- Though you surely possess the awesome powers of the distant future -- The God of Thunder doth possess the powers of all eternity! Still art thou no more than mortal--! And still am I son of Odin, Prince of Eternal Asgard!
- Hast thou so soon forgot?? 'Tis the God of Thunder who doth oppose thee! 'Tis mighty Thor -- at whose behest the storm doth erupt -- the lightning doth flash -- the heavens themselves reveal their awesome majesty!! SO BE IT!
- THE ENCHANTERS!! Possessors of the Living Talismen!! Most evil... most powerful of all living foes! But, though they be a match for Odin himself... we shall prevail! THUS SPEAKS THOR!!
- And yet -- no matter what a man may do -- let him do it well -- that he may deserve the name -- of man! Though I have been reduced to this -- still shall I perform -- as best I can!
- Speak no more! 'Tis all most painfully clear! Thine own powers -- combined with his -- now make Loki the most invincible foe of all!
- But, if this be some sordid scheme, wherein to trick the Son of Odin... take warning, wench...!
- Planet and man... now locked in deadly struggle! But, ere the battle be resolved... LET THUNDER GOD PREVAIL!!
- Vainglorious villain! Did he think to triumph over an immortal.
- Mayhap, the day will come when men think of truth -- of right -- of love for all their fellows! I pray that 'twill come soon! For not till then will humanity fulfill its promise -- nay, not till then -- will man and god -- be one!
- The Stranger! His vast power must ne'er be turned against the Golden Realm! Since he knows Thor doth exist -- he may follow me to Asgard -- unless -- I cause him to forget! And so I SHALL -- by making time TURN BACK!
- The Thunder God must fly once more! For there be wrongs to right - there be evil to avenge! Now let Dr. Doom beware -- for Thor now thirsts for battle!
- I have seen -- INFINITY! I have solved the secret of the World Beyond! I know, at last, the reason why -- INFINITY MUST TRIUMPH!
- Tell me, noble Odin, beloved father, faithful liege -- wert thou certain that all thy precious pawns would survive thy planning and plotting? Or dids't thou not even CARE??
- Nay... I am helpless to act, as are we all. For, if one atom of this cosmic jewel be violently destroyed -- so too dies Sif -- and all of us as well!
- Let this be thy final lesson, monster -- no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn!
- Speak, thou robed fops! Where IS he? Where is HERCULES -- that laughing lord of deceit?
- If thou hast not the stomach for such battle, Hercules, thou may remain with Ares. I go to seek the Lord of Death.
- HERCULES! Heimdall's eyes... he can barely stand! His skin is cold and clammy -- his body shakes, as though stricken with disease! By all the gods who live -- what happened to thee?
- If ever a race were bred to violence and treachery -- to destruction and deceit -- such is the race called TROLL!
- All that be important is that we have failed in our appointed task -- and because of us -- the planet Earth is DEAD!!
- But we must Zarrko! The Time-Twisters were defeated ere they could e'en be born -- thus there was no cause for thee to have summoned us to this century -- and since thou didst not summon us -- we were never here!
- I fear the Lady Sif speaks truly, Prince of Evil. Voice thy will -- and it shall swiftly be done!
- I shall leave thee alone with thy grief now, Bennet Barlow -- aye, and with this thought as well! Though thy brother lived in infamy -- truly did he die in glory! For how many other men have left a star to mark their passing?
- Balder -- is DEAD! Now truly Asgard -- and all the Earth must face the DAY OF DOOM!
- From this day, I renounce my place in the Realm Eternal -- and woe to any who e'er would strive to bring me back!
- But, 'twas written, that Lady Sif should be Thor's beloved. Sif... now one in being with Jane Foster. Thus did the turmoil in mine heart come to an end. And not all the powers in Hades can ever bring it back.
- Then so be it! For the honor of an oath -- for the comfort of an enemy -- freely doth Thor sacrifice a portion of Mjolnir's mystic might!
- BY OD --! Nay, I'lll not swear by him who hath disowned me!
- That other Asgard -- aflame as it was before! Nearly... two thousand years ago...!
- And of all who live, said Mime, only you could instruct me in the ways of fear! And by all the gods above and below - you shall, dragon! YOU SHALL!
- There be many Gods worshipped on this earth, Father Coza, throughout this universe... they are given truth by the strength of faith and thus, through belief and prayer, all are made true... all spring from the same universal higher force. Your faith is not misplaced. Go -- save yourself and the woman! You can! You have the faith! You have the strength! Go! Do it!
- Enow, demon! 'Tis a God thou must now contend with -- not some mere mortal! Thou hast saved me the trouble of hunting for thee, Nightspawn!
- The snow -- it still falls! But how?! Have I not commanded it to stop? Can it be that for the first time in my life I am powerless over the elements? But why? Why am I unable to exert the control which is my birthright? Is there a higher hand at work? Can it be that All-Father Odin hath -- nay, not Odin! For what purpose would he work such deviltry? But there is one other possibility -- the mischievous hand of Loki!
- Come, little one -- thou hast achieved thy purpose! Your murdered master hath been avenged!
- Before you strain my patience to its end, release yon innocents -- or we shall do battle, thou and I, throughout all eternity! A never-ending strife without surcease -- with no quarter asked and none given! Make thy choice, demon!
- You look upon me as a stranger -- an alien in thy midst -- and that is thy gravest mistake! Though different we be in degrees, thou and I, we are yet the same! And, too, you compound the error by looking upon each other as strangers, as aliens, as members of two separate races! But I say to thee... though different, thou art the same!
- Your faith is failing you, Crusader. Your power fleeing. Your bitterness has failed to darken the light of goodness! And never shall mankind return to the vile intolerance you preach... and the vicious hatred from which all men seek so earnestly to free themselves!
- My oath not to take life shall not stay my hand -- since you are already dead, monster!
- This day Kamo Tharnn, we have recovered a lost friend and made a new friend of an erstwhile foe. It has been indeed a noble and meritorious venture.
- I thank thee, but were I to cut my hair, my helmet would fall off.
- No, grandfather! You shall not! Do you still think that your fate rests within yourself? That I have come all this way to discover a dotard seeking Valhalla through deception? You have called upon the Gods of the Icy North, and they have answered you! Now, your life... is mine!
- HEAR ME, YOU ELEMENTS! HEAR ME, STORMS! RISE UP IN YOUR WRATH! A WARRIOR HATH DIED THIS DAY, AND YOU SHALL CARRY HIM TO HIS DESTINY! NO LONGER EILIF THE LOST, BUT EILIF THE DRAGONSLAYER! STRIKE NOW! AND FIRE THIS HOLY MOUND!
- Time is of the essence. Mankind has few enemies as deadly as this one, and none that surpass the Dark Elf in villainy. You have spoken the name of Malekith the Accursed!
- THE GJALLERHORN! HEIMDALL SOUNDS THE GJALLERHORN! THE ENEMIES OF THE GODS STAND BEFORE THE GATES OF ASGARD!
- I am finally resolved on the course of action I must take! And I will assist my step-brother, whatever the cost! The throne of Asgard must be Loki's!!
- Look you, Loki, to the sky! For there soars the hammer of Thor and by royal Odin's decree, it must return to my hand. Nothing may bar its way! Not even the head of Loki!
- Then follow me, you heroes... and let the hunt begin! FOR HELA BECKONS AND THE HEL-HOUND GARM AWAITS!
- Although my power has been diminished far below that of the God of Thunder... still I possess powers and abilities far beyond that of any mortal frog.
- Still, there is anoterh perhaps more worthy of the throne than I. One whose bravery is the equal of Thor's; one whose nobility surpasses my own. I speak of none other than Balder the Brave!
- Come, bold assassins! You shall find the Son of Odin waiting for you in the dark.
- Though I should perish a thousand times, monster, I will never surrender to mine enemies! If this truly be Thor's final battle, then let the skalds forever say that though his body failed him in the end... his fighting heart spurned every thought of defeat!
- My sire was ruler of the gods, rash thurse! Odin was my father and the thunder and lightning are my birthright! They speak my name in whispers in the nurseries of thine icy home!
- Only a fool has no fear, serpent, and I am no fool. But I have many names, serpent, even as you. Vingthor the hurler, Longbeard's son, have I been called. Hrodr's foe-man, too. In Tyr's ancestral home, wisest Hymir knew my name as Veur; unhappy Hrungnir's playmate some have called me. East of Elvigar in Gianthome they whisper Hloriddi's name. My father called me son. My mother called me darling. And beneath the vaults of Heaven, I am Thor Odinson, the Thunderer, Jormungand's fear!
- You said it yourself, Jormungand! The trouble with godhood is that it robs you of your finer judgment! And that is why we will never be the same. You are a mighty fighter, but in the end, you are only a selfish creature, while heroes... heroes have an infinite capacity for stupidity! Thus are legends born!
- Look out, you Giants and Trolls! Beware, you denizens of the depths and dwellers in the fortresses of evil! Gird up thy loins, you harbingers of death and destruction! Let those in direst need lift up their voices that I may hear them! The God of Thunder is loose and woe to those who would harry the innocent and the weak! For they shall have a champion! So be it!
- Others may hold thy space-faring race in awe, and worship ye as cosmic deities -- but I do not!! Thou art rude, pompous, and utterly lacking in proper manners!
- May are the wondrous sights I have seen! Many are the monstrous foes I have battled! But never before have I beheld such terrifying majesty! Such awesome magnificence! Nothing can compare with the limitless power of -- the Celestials!
- Loki shames me, father. He is right! I found mortals to be possessed with a great courage and tenacity, e'en in the face of Hela herself! They are worthy of our respect and protection! The seed of godhood grows in their bosom and must be nurtured!
- To save his friend, the Son of Odin would dare any danger! To the Black Galaxy shall I go!!
- Methinks there be certain truths which are utterly beyond the ken of mortal and machine... and e'en the gods themselves!
- The Mighty Thor hath returned! Let the righteous rejoice! Let the wicked cower in the shadows! The true God of Thunder doth reclaim the power and glory which is his by the divine birthright of a warrior born!
- It ends now, my once and former friend! Only the basest of villains could harm this fragile and innocent flower! Thou hast come to slay the mighty Thor... and slay him thou must! For, if thou dost fail... THOR SHALL MOST SURELY SLAY THEE!
- Once I did truly think I was the mortal, Don Blake, who did have the gift of magically transforming into the God of Thunder. But 'twas only an illusion of your design, Odin, to teach an arrogant son humility. Then came the noble alien, Beta Ray Bill, whom you did grant part of my power, part of what makes me Thor. My mantle was even worn by one of Midgard, Eric Masterson, leaving me trapped within his frail shell. So many guises... such confusion. Pieces and bits.
- Nay. No mercy from Thor. No mercy ever again.
- I humble myself before your glory, and vow my undying fealty. Know that now and forever... mighty Thor is your dutiful slave.
- Blood, my love. Blood... and thunder... and death.
- AWAY, ALL! I will crush any who stand 'twixt myself and the high road back to Earth -- even you, father, if you stand in my way!
- I think -- if you'll not press me to call you "master" -- Aye! I shall tarry with you for the nonce!
- I gave up much, when I did depart the Realm Eternal. Friends -- father -- aye, even fatherland. Now I journey to a new home -- within another moutain -- an earthly one called Wundagore.
- But this day -- you do face -- THOR! THOR -- he who wields the power of the thunderbolt in fist as well as hammer! THOR -- he who is the storm incarnate -- the tempest made manifest! THOR -- Son of Odin the All-Father -- and no less formidable for having turned his back on eternal Asgard!
- First, I must make my shattered hammer whole again -- then it shall carry me to the once-hallowed halls of Asgard -- where I shall force the truth about Donald Blake from the lips of Odin himself!
- I stand with you -- my friends! The Godpack circle is complete -- and woe to any who would seek to break it!
- Nay, Blitziana. Though you have all been loyal comrades, my brief stay in Hel gave me time to reflect -- and to decide. If I cannot return to age-old Asgard -- neither can I now be a part of something so new as the High Evolutionary's Godpack. I mean to remain on Earth -- yet from this day forth, Thor must go his own way!
- For I am lord of the winds...and the storm! Thunder and lightning are my hunting dogs...the rain is my whip...and when I must, I ride a great and terrible steed...the earthquake! Nothing mortal can stand before it.
- The sword goes to rot in my hand. But am I once again the Lord of Thunder? Yes. YES! Even now I can hear the Frost Giants breaking into the palace. Pity the Frost Giants. I sent them the lightning! The storm... and scatter them with the hurricane... to the last man.
- You little men in your little suits. That is all you ever do. It makes no difference whether you craft them from iron or steel or uru... there is no metal in your hearts.
- I was king and defender both. It is too much. A single stroke leaves Asgard in a weakened state... and that's what led to this. You ruled Asgard, yes... but with its strength depleted. Your advisers were prone to mischief. It would not be that way again.
- Even though we shared no blood. Even though so much blood fell between us... we were brothers. And let none claim to the contrary. You died well, Loki. You lived poorly. My brother, you will be missed. Your mischief will be no... I pray that this is an end of it.
- Move against Asgard and you move against me -- and if you move against me, you move against Mjolnir -- which is profoundly unwise.
- Thou didst summon the Son of Odin - immortal of great Asgard! Speak thy piece and let all in attendance know what thou dost require of -- Thor, God of Thunder!
- A base villain such as thou art unfit to wear the armor of one so proud! Nor art thou noble enow to carry the shield and colors of one whose every move defines honor! And how dare thee tarnish the garment of she who preserved the very life you sought to take!
- We be much alike, Prince of Atlantis. Nobles, alone in the company of man. Wouldst thou care to partake of a tankard of mead? To sing of past glories and revel in lost adventures upon the high seas? To discuss the ways of mortal man?
- Those mortals died with my name on their lips. Such disregard for life is never to be tolerated. We go to Slokovia.
- Once, you swore an oath upon this hammer, which can pierce the Nine Worlds and penetrate the veil between life and death itself, that if any of our voices were raised in summons, you would come, though every force in heaven and earth stood against you. And I wonder... if it can still find you, there in sthe darkness... and you can still hear the words. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
- Sif. Heimdall. Balder. Fandral. Volstagg. Can your souls hear me? Do my words find you, in the hearts of mortals? If they do, then hear this vow. I shall find you. Though I comb the four corners of the Earth in my quest. I shall find you.
- Give your orders and ultimatums to those who choose to obey, or are too cowardly to fight. Not to me. Or learn again the difference between a God of Thunder -- and a mortal man in a metal suit.
- Born I was a God of Thunder... son of Odin... but also a son of the Earth... a child of the Elder Goddess Gaea. Only recently I learned this, and rarely have I invoked that power. Or spoken with that voice. NOW LET THAT VOICE BE HEARD!
- Unhand my hammer, woman. Or know the wrath of Thor.
- Do not call me by that name. I am not worthy of it. I am still the Prince of Asgard. I am still the Odinson. But she is Thor now. That hammer has the power to destroy worlds, or to save them. Carry it well. Thor.
- No, you may not touch my hammer. ... You just wanted me to say that, didn't you?
- Even now the smell of goat brings a tear to my eye and a stirring to my loins...
- Lend me your ears and your mead, men of the north! And the God of Thunder will tell you the most harrowing true tales of the greatest viking who ever lived!
- I profess, I had my doubts, but this petrol station serves the finest pork I have ever tasted.
- I have a priority delivery for you... get up. You need to sign that you received it.
- You have stolen what is mine. Called this dread down from the far realms to destroy my home. You have twisted the rules of life and resurrected those better left dead. Surrender. Return Jarnbjorn. Or I will kill you both.
- For years I have witnessed this enmity between man and mutant. I believed the resolution to simply be a matter of time. That the inherent nobility of mankind would prevail, peace would follow. It is no longer a conflict I will stand by to let run its course. Whoever did this wanted to start a war. They will have one. This craven has earned the full attention of Thor, God of Thunder.
- Because we were divided. Because we would not behave as heroes. It was our lack of unity that brought about this great disaster -- it will be our combined might that sets it right.
- They think me weak because I am unworthy. Let them. I am still a God and more than a God. I am Asgardian-born. The blood-son of Odin, the Lord of the Storm and the Raging Thunder. And I'll be damned if I need a hammer in order to raise some Hel. But this day I will claim one nonetheless. No matter how much blood I must wade through. So swears the unworthy Thor.
- Thanos already has a head. 'Tis guts he is sorely lacking. If he should find some, tell him the Prince of Asgard will be waiting to face him -- hammer in hand!
- The possibility of death enobles the people of Midgard -- beyond my capacity for awe -- with the risks they take every day in each others service. I bow to that. And now I bow to you.
- The Son of Odin surrenders to no man! Especially not one dressed as thee!
Conversations with Thor Odinson (Earth-616)
Moondragon... it is not good to tamper overmuch with the natural course of things...
But this once? For my sake...
For... your... sake...
Love me, Son of Odin! Be thou mine!
Thor, I... I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing that.
You two are of a select few mortals who have ever watched my change. E'en Iron Man -- with whom I did share the secret of my dual life -- seldom watched me assume my godlike form. I believe it disturbed him.
A blow worthy of a Frost Giant! I am impressed!
Y'think? Then be ready, 'cause I'm about t'get downright amazin' on your big Norse --
Dropping a nuke on a problem... this isn't the Avengers way, Thor.
I... I am no longer an Avenger.
Thor (Thor Odinson)
Thor (Jane Foster)
Best not to get into it.
Thor (Thor Odinson)
It is Mjolnir! My Mjolnir! How didst thou come to hold---
Thor (Jane Foster)
Where have you two been?
Smashing and kissing.
Am I the only one who's suddenly hungry for sushi?
The God of Thunder does not eat anything that comes wrapped in weeds of the sea!
Fine, we'll get you some nice meat and potatoes. Just be a good god and punch the monster!
His coat is quite fetching, dost thou agree?
No, no, I don't agree, Thor. He looks like a seven-foot-tall dystopian Russian pimp.
Thor (Thor Odinson)
The name is Thor. Who are you?
Thor (Jane Foster)
I am... also called Thor.
Thor (Thor Odinson)
A woman Thor? Do not be ridiculous. Did my father send you here to torment me? Is that why you are holding my birthright? My Mjolnir? How... are you holding Mjolnir? How is a wench worthy of the hammer when Thor is not?
Thor (Jane Foster)
Perhaps because you use words like wench.
Don't you see? You're giving them exactly what they want... an excuse for war!
Men have never needed an excuse. Murder is part of the mortal world. Men are ever devising new ways to subjugate and slaughter their brothers in the name of some cause or --
Some God? Is that what you were about to say?
I don't understand how this can be. I...I was Donald Blake. He was me.
That's not the whole and simple truth of it though, Thor -- think about it. I had a lifetime of memories before finding the stick in the cave that transformed into Mjolnir -- and transformed me into you. Something about that last adventure of yours, though...something about your "death..." It freed me from the prison of you. And you...didn't even notice.
Blake. I have been...there have...my life is not simple or boring. And while it may pain you to hear it, you are not at the center of it.
BUT YOU WERE AT THE CENTER OF MINE!
My hammer! I can lift it no longer!
Well doth Loki know! For with thy features, also have I obtained -- thy power! Not only the evil -- but now the strength as well is mine!
The people of Golden Star will slay me once the drug wears off!
Then I suggest thou dost begin running, Sssthgar -- as far and as fast as thou canst! There be no room for thee 'pon this craft!
Thunder God, thou dost amaze me.
Why, because I've an attachment to this helmet? Mind thee, it was a gift from my father -- my first war helmet, given me when I was still an adolescent. Does duch sentimentality surprise thee?
Nay. Only that thou would have the poor taste to wear the ugly thing. Keep it, yes -- but in the name of mercy, keep it in a dark place. Joey Well, see ya, Thor. Like they say -- the Force be with you!
And with thee, lad... whate'er thou dost mean.
But how better for a god to die, Surtur of Muspelheim, than facing fearful odds? And when better to die than with a man's sons beside him? For Asgard!
Welcome back, my lord.
Toothgrinder, you know me?
Of course, Lord Thor. Even without an American Express card, one could hardly fail to recognize Thor, however his exterior was disguised.
The last one through the great gate of Asgard shall pay for it!
I accept! Let us ride!
I owe you an apology, Captain. When you first spoke to me about your problems, I had doubts... about you. They were quickly erased... when you lifted Mjolnir... for only a man or god worthy -- pure of heart and noble of mind -- could have done so!
It was quite an experience for me, too! That is one special weapon, Thor! I envy you.
A sacred bond unites all those who have e'er been privileged to wield Mjolnir! A bond which stretches far into infinity! I salute you, Captain!
I hope I'll always be worthy of that honor and privilege, my friend!
So many incredible things have happened to me in the past few days! So many mind-staggering sights... so many changes. No one could have predicted the greatest change of all! No one could have forseen the tragic chain of events which would completely change the destiny of an average guy like Eric Masterson...
...and merge him, body and soul, with the mighty Thor! Now, more than e'er before, is the God of Thunder tied to the planet Earth!
I have many names, Son of Asgard. You would probably best deem me The Goddess. Open yourself up, Thor, and feel the grandeur and the potential for universal nirvana within me.
Now and forever more -- I shall show all of Asgard which of us is truly Thor!
|Thor (Red Norvell)
That's for sure! And when we're finished, I'll be Thor -- and you'll just be sore!
Hnnnnh! That jest -- was gray of beard -- when your ancestors did prowl the nighted forests of Europe -- rearing altars to the worship of mine!
We're trying to pull the Avengers together again. You were there at the beginning... would you want to re-join us?
With all my heart. But... I am a god no longer. I have only a mortal's strength and a mortal's skill. I would not endanger the rest of you.
I see. And you did all of this without any powers? You'll do.
The river's boiling. There's something you don't see every day.
Well, it is the East River...
All right. It is something you see every day. Still... Hel.
Splendid. Who is it? Please say Skurge and the Destroyer and the rest of the Asgardians of the Galaxy.
My family is insane.Trending pages
All items (259)